Hello, I'm Jamie Corey, Licensed Massage Therapist and Myofascial Release Therapist (the Barnes approach).
As a massage therapist, I've learned that taking the time to care for one's body is very important for one's physical and mental health. Our soft tissues suffer from a bombardment of poor posture, constant stress, and traumatic injury. A genuine, caring, and professional touch can make a major difference in a person's life.
I strive to be nothing less than the finest therapist I can be. With that in mind, I extended my therapist training to include Myofascial Release (MFR). Fascia is the connective tissue that holds your body together. Releasing the restrictions that form in the fascia is essential to healthy, pain-free living. Without needing pills or diagnoses, Myofascial Release can be the treatment that will change your life.
Whether you have a serious medical need or just want pampered a little, this therapist is willing to help.
I am trained in a variety of modalities, and you can click on the "Services" page to learn more about the various techniques I use in my work.
Thanks for visiting, and have a great day.
I'm located in Erie, Pennsylvania!!
Benefits of Massage
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow, the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ: the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins: amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.